As a border town, Fort Erie is home to a lot of firsts. Perhaps no one knows this better than Martha Mason, executive director of the Fort Erie Multicultural Centre as well as the Peace Bridge Newcomer Centre. Martha sheds some light on the work she does with those new to Canada, as well as what’s hiding in her trunk (and the answer just might surprise you). Also, fun fact: Martha was chosen last season by you, the listeners, to be on the show this fall.
- Local Headlines…00:47.
- Hot New Listing…02:20.
- Fort Erie Q&A…02:50.
- Martha Mason…03:46.
- Fort Erie History…11:38.
- Community Events…12:23.
Subscribe to The Fort Erie Podcast:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play Music
- Player FM
Catch previous episodes:
- S03E02 – Jenn Wilkinson, 335 on the Ridge
- S03E01 – Sheldon Halliday, Shaggy’s Pizza & Eats
- S03E00 – The Fort Erie Podcast Season Three Preview (Trailer)
- S02E11 – Dino Kentros, The Barrel Restaurant – $50 Gift Card Giveaway
- S02E10 – Antonietta Culic, Fort Erie Race Track – James Culic, Niagara this Week
- S02E09 – Phil Smith, South Coast Cookhouse
- S02E08 – Bobby Singh, Garrison Club
- S02E07 – Pat Inneo, The Ridge Film House
Fort Erie Multicultural Centre:
Peace Bridge Newcomer Centre:
Connect with Brent Jones:
- The Fort Erie Podcast
- Monthly Gift Card Giveaway
- Why List Your Home with Me
- Contact Brent Jones
- One final 10-4 for NRP’s ‘Mr. Fort Erie’
- Legions’ poppy campaign sees changes because of COVID-19
- Record Year For Fort Erie In 2020
Hot new listing:
Fort Erie Questions and Answers:
This Month in Fort Erie History:
- Brought to you by Missus Eugenia Mooney and Mr. Michael Furey.
- Halfpenny Dreadfuls:
- Flu Shot Clinic (October 30)
- Rise Up TV Tour – Sarah Smith (October 30)
- Drive-Thru Trick-or-Treat @ Ridgeway Legion (October 31)
- Straw Maze @ Joe’s Value Mart (October 31)
- Halloween with Classic Rock Band “No Illusions” (October 31)
Leave a comment:
Published October 27, 2020
Join your host, Brent Jones, for a fun and engaging look at what makes the Town of Fort Erie such a great place to be. Local news, events, guests, and commentary, spanning Fort Erie, Ridgeway, Crystal Beach, and Stevensville.