From community gardens to shelter for refugees, the Matthew House is a force for good in Fort Erie. John Mtshede, once a refugee claimant himself, joins me to talk about his role as executive director and the support his non-profit has received from our town.
- Win $50 to Lucky Stryx…00:35.
- Local Headlines…01:20.
- Hot New Listing…02:31.
- Fort Erie Q&A…03:20.
- John Mtshede…04:28.
- Community Events…12:03.
Subscribe to The Fort Erie Podcast:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Player FM
Catch previous episodes:
- S04E06 – David Bergeron, Casa Hugo
- S04E05 – Ashley Gibson, Gibson & Reitboeck LLP
- S04E04 – Jennifer McCready, Lady Luck Photography Studio
- S04E03 – Anne Watters, Salvation Army Community & Family Services
- S04E02 – Shane Therrien, Big Pappi’s
- S04E01 – Shawn Murphy, Your Farm Gate
- S04E00B – The Fort Erie Podcast Season Four Preview (Trailer)
- S04E00A – Season 4 Is Coming (But Not Anytime Soon)
- S03E08 – Anastasia Boake, Down The Rabbit Hole Theatre Company
- S03E07 – Julie Brady, Regional Limousine – James Culic, Niagara this Week
- S03E06 – Rob Faragalli, BoHo Studio
Matthew House Refugee Ministry (Fort Erie):
- Canada Helps (Donate)
Connect with Brent Jones:
- The Fort Erie Podcast
- Win a $3,000 Vacation
- Why List Your Home with Me
- Contact Brent Jones
Win $50 to Lucky Stryx:
- Leave a comment below (must have a Facebook account) for a chance to win.
- Proposed Crystal Beach microbrewery and inn a step closer to reality
- Penalties approved for short-term rental violations
Hot new listing:
Fort Erie Questions and Answers:
- Norm Sills – A Celebration of Life @ Southsides (October 30)
- Halloween Bash and Costume Contest @ Sneakers (October 30)
- Halloween Party @ The Plaice (October 30)
- 3 v. 3 Indoor Champions League – Final Registration (October 31)
Leave a comment:
Hosted by Brent Jones, The Fort Erie Podcast ran for five seasons between 2019 and 2022. Each of its 51 bite-sized episodes covered community events, real estate tips, local news, history, and interviews with notable community members spanning Fort Erie, Ridgeway, Crystal Beach, and Stevensville.