Note: This post was originally published June 18, 2019. It has since been updated and republished.
Since moving to town in 2014, my wife and I have tried eating just about everywhere we can. We love supporting local businesses, but more than anything we just really like to eat. 🤣
And let me just say that, for a small town, Fort Erie has a lot of great options to choose from.
What follows is a list of our favorite bars, restaurants, and takeout spots, spanning the Town of Fort Erie, which includes Ridgeway, Crystal Beach, and Stevensville.
In order for a bar or restaurant to appear on this list, it has to meet the following criteria:
- It has to be a place that we’ve been to personally (and ideally more than once).
- It has to be a place where we’ve had a good experience.
- It has to be open for business at the time I am updating this post.
- It cannot be a chain, such as Chuck’s Roadhouse, Subway, or Pizza Pizza. Nothing wrong with chains, but I want to stick to local options that are unique to our town.
If you happen to enjoy a particular restaurant or bar and it doesn’t appear on this list, it might be because we…
- haven’t been there before, or
- we’ve been there and didn’t have a great experience, or
- I simply forgot to include it.
So, without any further ado, here are our top picks (in alphabetical order):
- Beach Bites
- Bridgewater Country Club
- City Thai Restaurant
- Creative Dining by Angie
- Green Acres Family Restaurant
- Green Apple Coffeehouse
- Happy Jack’s Restaurant & Patio
- Lee’s Xpress
- M&J’s Family Restaurant
- Niagara Samosa Factory
- Pho Xuan Tang
- Southsides Patio Bar and Grill
- Sub Culture
- Take 2 Restaurant & Bar
- The Barrel Restaurant
- The Plaice Restaurant & Bar
- Tzatziki Time
- Vaticano Restaurant
- Yukiguni II
- 335 on the Ridge
- Bella Pizza
- Brimstone Brewing Company
- Chip Shack
- Ice Cream Alley
- Maria’s Downtown
- Pie Guys Bakery & Cafe
- Trailside Bar & Grill
- Big Pappi’s
- Breakfast Beacon
- Casa Hugo Mexican Eatery & Tequileria
- San Vito’s Italian Bistro & Bar
- Sneaker’s Beach Tavern
- South Coast Cookhouse
If there is someplace in Greater Fort Erie you think we ought to try next, don’t hesitate to contact me and tell me about it.
Brent is a sales representative with RE/MAX Niagara Realty Ltd., Brokerage. He’s the host of The Fort Erie Podcast and proud to call Fort Erie his home.